Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year, Same Stuff?

As 2008 goes to the back burners of our brain and 2009 rolls to the front. What has changed? We had our usual throw down at the love shack, friends arrived and got home safely, football games came and went, decorations were removed from the house, kids are not excited that school starts in a few days. Then I realize that we are all living in the Groundhog Day movie. I feel like we're all characters from the film and we wake up and do the same stuff again, and again. Seeing that Jar has posted his last post, with a strikingly young photo and I sit on the sofa waiting for more football. What has changed? I cannot wait to wake up tomorrow and see if this a movie, or am I going to be sitting in the same spot watching football? Oh well Happy New Year! Go (fill in the Blank of your favorite team) and enjoy the fellowship of your own personal Groundhog Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment